For the last few years, we have gotten a family picture, usually at Disneyland, and send it out as a card.
This year, try as I may, I have been unsuccessful.
Dozens, if not hundreds, of pictures later I have given up.
Herding these two so that I can get a good picture is near impossible. The requirements are simple:
- Both smiling. A real smile and not a "I am smiling, Dad" smile.
- Both looking at the camera. Jenna tends to look sideways at something -- anything -- that is more interesting.
- Hair in reasonable condition. They both have random bits of hair that like to streak across their eyes.
- Both eyes open. Two eyes per child, it is amazing that only three out of four are open at any one time.
- Camera works properly -- the flash isn't too close, too far, not working, inappropriate, or the focus is off some how. Nice camera, just not perfect all the time.
- Framing the picture correctly. This drives me crazy -- people want to take a picture of you and they take a picture of ALL of you. I don't care about anything below chest height... I want the face -- not the background.
They came out OK.
One of them Jenna had her signature sideways looks, of course. The glare off my glasses (and bald head) were distracting. But Caitlyn, Mom, and Jenna looked great.
That's all I can ask for.