More useless info from me...

It is amazing that when you have so little in life to report on, you can report on it all and make it sound so interesting.

Here at the mansion, my main computer crashed after updating XP to prevent the big security hole that came up this week. Well, it wouldn't stop restarting, so I tried to reinstall XP to no avail.

Crap.

Brain work good not anymore, so off to the new (and slightly scary) computer repair shop. I'll just throw money at it until I have to make another one. Last time I toasted everything -- two new hard drives got me going.

Back at Crum Manor, I fired up the wife's netbook only to have it come up with a virus right away. Some security hole, Microsoft. Caught that one and updated everything, then off to dinner.

This morning, the damn thing had two viruses, and it took all day to unscrew everything.

NOW I get to type on a slick keyboard that I can't feel (neuropathy) on a screen I can barely see (old age).

Well, at least the girls are gone fishing with Nana and Papa at Lake Sabrina. Man I want to go, but:
  • No way in hell my back is going to let me sleep on the ground
  • I need a slightly more sterile environment to retreat to
  • They don't have an Embassy Suites anywhere close
So, we shall see.

Now I am off to sleep a kidless nights sleep...

jc

No comments: