A birthday message from the Blogger himself.

Just checking in...
With two teenage girls and no school or Disneyland or Knotts or... anything... we seem to be holding up.

With a few clear but cold days I was able to get some yard work done - lots of leaves to be shredded and moved around and I had my Dad's tiller to make quick work of getting that mulch dug into the clay.  Growing food - tomatoes, sunflowers, pumpkins, carrots, basil and oregano are sprouting right now.  Victory Garden part 2...

The girls will be out of school until May, but checking in online daily.  The hardest part is convincing them that they need to keep a schedule and maintain regularity.  Sleeping in and PJs all day are very appealing to teenagers.  Appealing to old guys too, but I must resist the temptation.  I can already feel some extra pounds piling on.  My goal next week is to have them outside and online - we have the technology - we can do it.

jc

No comments: