Good news

My white blood cell count is 6.6 today. That's good enough to talk discharge from the City of Hope.

The Doctor said that Monday they will start the discharge process on me. That also means that I will get this damn Hickman Catheter out of my chest. No more Heparin flushing! Regular showers! Sleep on my belly! Wrestle with the girls fearlessly!

After discharge, I will have a few limitations, but not as bad as I thought. Stay away from fast food for a while (I should do that anyways), large crowds, and folks with the flu. I need to be careful about food handling, and keeping things clean. No eating or playing in the dirt.

I am amazed that I bounced back so quickly, and with relatively few complications. I must admit, they have this down cold.

Call me if you want more information...


jc

No comments: